If you take care of our products and something goes wrong then we want you to remember this unlikely event for how quickly we made it right. Our aim is to provide the simplest, fastest and most economical means of repair in the industry.
Kencar Warranty Policy
There appear on this Warranty Certificate, Kencar Co. Ltd (C49828), of 168, Industrial Estate, Luqa, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’, the Air Conditioning Indoor Unit, Outdoor Unit and Services installed, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Equipment’ and the purchaser of such Equipment, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Customer’.
The Company warrants that the Equipment, shall be free from defects as far as materials and workmanship are concerned including a warranty for the period stated below (according to the type and use of Equipment) on parts and labour.
- The Equipment shall be free from defects as far as materials and workmanship are concerned including a 24 calendar months manufacturers’ warranty period (starting from date of commissioning / handover) on parts and labour.
- The Company further warrants the Equipment as free from defects as far as materials and workmanship are concerned and extends this warranty period depending on the Equipment type and use, as specified in clause 6 in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty period in clause 1 on parts and labour and subject that the Customer appoints the Company or the original installer to carry out and register with the Company routine preventive maintenance by not later than:
- Own Residential Use – a year from the date of commissioning or handover of Equipment and every year thereafter throughout the whole warranty period (manufacturer’s warranty plus Company extended warranty).
- Commercial Use – six months from the date of commissioning or handover of Equipment and every six months thereafter throughout the whole warranty period (manufacturer’s warranty plus Company extended warranty).
- The warranty shall only apply subject to the condition that all maintenance, servicing, repairs and all related works are undertaken by the Company through its appointed representatives or the original installer of the Equipment and that the need thereof is brought to the attention of the Company immediately that the need thereof arises.
- The warranty shall not apply and shall be deemed to have been renounced by the Customer if the Equipment, is operated contrary to the manufacturer’s specifications & instructions, is not protected by an over-voltage regulator (OVR), has been tempered with or operated outside working limits, in case of negligence of use, in case of lack of preventive maintenance programme and/or without the care and attention which would have been exercised by a ‘bonus pater familias’. The warranty shall also not apply if the damage, malfunction and/or Equipment break-down is corrosion or rust on parts of the Equipment that are exposed to outdoor environmental conditions or caused by foreign objects or substances, acts of God, surges in power supply, modifications to the electrical installation, accidents, modifications to the Equipment itself, and other similar and/or related factors over which the Company has no direct control.
- The warranty is rendered null and void and shall not be applicable if payments on the Equipment are not kept up to date in line with the stipulated terms of payment and if the Equipment is serviced by another competitor Company and/or technical representative without the Company’s written authorisation. The Customer shall not except without the Company’s written consent, assign, transfer or otherwise alienate ‘in toto’ or ‘in parte’ any rights whether personal or real deriving in his favour from this warranty.
- The total warranty period of the Equipment (made up of the manufacturer’s warranty plus the Company’s extended warranty) amount as per below:
- High Wall Split AC System Installed at Own Residence – 5 Years
- High Wall Split AC System Installed for Commercial Use (in Rental Apartment, Office and Commercial / Industrial Property) – 3 Years
- Light Commercial System (incl. Casette, Ducted / Ceiling / Floor Unit) – 3 Years
- Commercial / Industrial VRF System – 3 Years
Note: The Company reserves the right to update / modify this warranty and its terms and conditions anytime.
Why is the warranty important ?
There is no one better at looking after an air conditioning product than the company who has selected the equipment and understands the application of the original installation. It, therefore, makes perfect sense for an end user to select the original installer in achieving the best possible maintenance and life-cycle cost from their initial capital purchase.
Need Customer Support?
Contact us for any help on your product’s warranty